AddThis, Internet Explorer and JavaScript

While working with Internet Explorer 7, I got this error:

Object doesn't support this property or method
Line: 2
Char: 13907

The thing that hurt more was, Chrome and Firefox were behaving properly. I spent some time searching the error but found nothing interesting. I gave up on that front and decided to have a peek in the AddThis JavaScript.

A bit more look around, I found something very interesting. IE7 has some scoping issue and it was picking up ‘my’ variable instead of AddThis counterpart (in my case it was variable called “c” that I had declared in my own JavaScript that was causing the problem).

Change the variable in your own JavaScript code to anything else and we all can live happily ever after.

Flattr this!